Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand
05-26-2010, 08:50 PM,
RE: Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand
Our company uses RSA for remote access security and naturally has a solid vendor-customer relationship with them. Is there any way this could be leveraged to get some insight into the whole RSA problem? Is this the kind of issue that their support could help overcome?

Maybe not (I'm not a developer) but I had to make the offer.
05-26-2010, 08:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2010, 09:00 PM by Morpheus.)
well in C++, it was more like "we dont want to use another one library" than a problem with RSA itself. I mean, i wanted to use one for all, keeping fast encryption.

But i guess that we will use cryptopp for rsa only, as seems the fastest way to get it done.

A pity, as i like the other library so much Tongue.

On python, seems like there are being some success recently (glad to hear it), so all goes sweetly.

Thanks for the offer anyway!

We'll release documents (i mean something like PDF's) about how it works,if possible, so people can understand or check it for curiosity, free information Wink.

I can talk about world encryption, but RSA was on neo's side (at least for now xD).
05-26-2010, 10:05 PM,
These are simply two different projects, nothing wrong with that.

Morph and Neo are trying to rebuild and MxOEmu using programming languages and tools they know best.

Tastee has taken Raj's work and hopes to tweak it and build upon it to create better usefulness. Can they share info? Yes. Can they help each other? Sure. The good news is that TW is a good person, I don't think we will find "turf war" issues going on.

I look forward to seeing both progress. I will be a happy, and grateful, member of any MxOEmu community! T
[Image: gi.mpl?u=7080&f=mxoboard.JPG]sig needed...
05-26-2010, 10:25 PM,
sure tele..i think this is no problem at all if we see that he is doing really things , we can share info.

Thats what i said with hardlines Smile

And as morpheus said ..i moove further on margin (pew ...RSA part is done ^^).
So i can see the light lol...and if i reach the datapart "LoadCharacterReply" and paste their the packets first, we have an independet MxO Server Version which doesnt need parts from reality.
[Image: neofinal.png]
HD is now 100% Reality Code independent.
Now margin server packet analyse . Status 5/15.
05-26-2010, 11:10 PM,
Ok, so I get why y'all don't want to help TasteeWheat full time, y'all want to develop your own code for your own server. I get that, I do. However, I don't think that's the right approach to this situation. I mean let's be honest, Matrix Online community isn't that big to begin with, I don't think we even had a million subscriber at any point during our Monolith and Sony days. Syntax was probably the only server out of the three that had the highest population.

I'd like to keep the community together as much as possible because of our small population, and it seems like everyone is in agreement with that notion. I just think that sometimes, you have to do what's best for the community, and I think what's best for the community is for all of us to have one project that we can focus on.

So far that seems to be TasteeWheat's project because he's showing actual progress. I jacked in last night, and I had fun chatting with old friends and seeing old faces. There was the issues of lag, but I do believe that is on TW's list of things to take care of.

Neo and Morpheus are free to do what they want to do, all I'm saying is maybe think about the implication of their decision.
05-27-2010, 12:26 AM,
Well as we atm dont have much time, we just spent some time (when we have) to working on the emu.

Why we dont join Tastee fulltime ? Easy thing - this would mean we would support reality code (which we dont want).

This thing has a story behind this.

In the past (Feb 2010) where rajko came back with "i now build the uber emulator..duuuuurrr" , everbody says "rajko you are the god, you bring back mxo" - and the truth behind this, that reality wouldnt have this progress if he didnt got the scatman code from morpheus to look how chatting etc. works...rajko didnt do much in this case and morpheus and i said "ok come its for the community"..and you at least saw what was the "thank you" from rajko was Smile.

That is the point why a project was splittet into as we said "why should we do the whole work when rajko says that it is his work at all?".

Its is not against Tastee...and i am sure, if he really show that he is willing to work further on reality (if he really brings hardline up again), i think both projects can exchange informations ..but for us we must see something before we give again informations away.

Community..is a good word. Community mostly follow the honey , in this case : if their is an emu, then follow it (like rajko etc.) as their was a live server for it.

Community wants features, features, features and progress progress progress..without doing something.

C'mon dudes..we have a couple of weeks told "come community you hear rajko and us...you can help if you want" , then communtiy says "yeah we help" ..which holds some days and after that..no one speak from that again.

Well this is normal in Server EMulation Development, as it is normal that there are several projects with different code or programming language goals out there.

Tastee is a good guy and if he want work on reality code, why not ? As we see this, we will exchange informations.
05-27-2010, 12:57 AM,
Well I can see why Raj's action would make y'all reluctant to help TW. However, TasteeWheat is in good standing in the Matrix Online community, and I'd be very surprise if he pulls the same move that Raj did.
05-27-2010, 02:25 AM,
right meta, tw is not rajko and we are thinking about to work together with him, to exchange packet informations.

So i share your opinion that TW would do the same as rajko. But to be secure we are atm thinking about how to exchange packet informations..well we have a good idea (where we will talk to TW directly about it), and i think this will be a good solution for both projects Smile.
05-27-2010, 03:42 AM,
i second the sentence "for both projects". And to curious people too.

hope to get it working soon, if possible.
05-27-2010, 05:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2010, 05:47 AM by Sixxth.)
Well guys, I didnt want to start any kind of trouble, I didnt fully understand the reasons there were separate efforts going on. I thought it was mainly personality clash between you guys.

So, Im looking forward to the results of both efforts. For now, Ill log into TW's emu to hang out and cure my MxO withdrawal symptoms. All in all it seems like Morph, Neo, TW are all great guys dedicated to getting the Matrix back up.

The future playability of MxO emus certainly looks brighter having you smart fella's working on it.