Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand
05-24-2010, 12:08 PM,
Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand
With decreased activity, and almost no new post's in the last few weeks. I feel as if the vibe of the EMU is dieing.

We cannot allow this to happen. I will stand by it intill it truly crumbles.

I've deleted all the MXO file's I had on my computer, since Reality's server is down permently it seems. Same with the standalone.

Quickly, let's kidnap some developer's and get this shit rollin!

Heart
[Image: shaoxsig2.png]
05-24-2010, 01:02 PM,
RE: Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand
I think the vibe is mostly dependent on if the EMU is going to be anywhere completed and that's a real shame. I like the forums and I check here almost everyday but you are right. It seems there is a decrease in alot of of responses or even threadmaking on the forums. The last thread i saw that had any big traffic was the one Tasteewheat made about the EMU so i think its a thing where the folks are just waiting for the EMU to come up and be used as a group.

I for one have virtually no experience in anything related to programming so when they start talking all the programming jargon it's like chinese to me. I do however ask around and from what I do understand is that this decoding stuff is ALOT of work and the things we used to do in MXO like hyperjump or even use a hardline requires alot of hours to decipher those codes just to make it (hopefully) work in the game.

I do however wish the folks here would post more. I really enjoyed the debate we were having about the roleplay involved in a EMU version of the game and not to plug the thread I made but I did enjoy writing and reading about all the weird shit we saw in the past in MXO that made us gossip about the potential of what was to come.
[Image: Barloke3copy.jpg]
05-24-2010, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2010, 04:38 PM by Gerik.)
(05-24-2010, 12:08 PM)ShaoX Wrote: I've deleted all the MXO file's I had on my computer, since Reality's server is down permently it seems. Same with the standalone.

I don't see how the standalone can be "down", I thought we ran a server for it off our own computer.

Also, the inactivity probably means one of the following:

1. Busy with life.
2. Hit a brick wall in development.
3. Just taking a break for a while.
4. Should let the game go and move on.

Just sayin' and yeah, just use TW's server for now if you feel like the project is dying. He's doing a bit of work just so everyone can enjoy themselves with what was already done and more via the work done by Morph, Neo and (yes) Rajko.

Edit: For faggotry, dohoho 420th post. SMOKIN WEED AND POSTIN EVURYDAI GUISE.
05-24-2010, 09:42 PM,
But I don't think I can let the game go and move on. Sad

I've tried other MMOs and none of them even comes close to the awesomeness that is MxO. Sad
05-25-2010, 01:49 AM,
(05-24-2010, 09:42 PM)Metalogic Wrote: But I don't think I can let the game go and move on. Sad

I've tried other MMOs and none of them even comes close to the awesomeness that is MxO. Sad

True dat.

I, for one, will keep hoping that someone gets a MxOemu up at some point. I continue to visit the standalone version about once a month for giggles...and I am pulling for morph and neo to get this to a point where we can all jack into Megacity again (even if it a reduced ability version). meanwhile I will try out any thing that comes up Raj's and now Tastee's version of Raj's server are worth trying out IMHO.

I still hope to see y'all in Megacity in the near future.
regards,
T
[Image: gi.mpl?u=7080&f=mxoboard.JPG]sig needed...
05-25-2010, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2010, 04:06 AM by Morpheus.)
(05-24-2010, 04:34 PM)Gerik Wrote: 1. Busy with life.
2. Hit a brick wall in development.

Gerik /threadwins. Nuff said.

Of course you get less news. And in some other thread you got ours telling that i entered the world in c++ with a new world server. AND that we were hitting RSA troubles.

FYI, imma have some cute examns (6) in less than 6 days, meaning: if i am going to have some free time, it's probably not being spent analyzing a file Big Grin.

And after that, i have at least 2 more on july's 1st week already scheduled. Depending on the failure level of next week, that number can rise up to 8.

Life is all happyness and candies Big Grin.
05-25-2010, 06:20 AM,
Morph, Best of luck on the exams.

Peeps jus'gotta lurn to haz patience.

T
[Image: gi.mpl?u=7080&f=mxoboard.JPG]sig needed...
05-25-2010, 07:02 AM,
(05-25-2010, 06:20 AM)telemancer Wrote: Morph, Best of luck on the exams.

Peeps jus'gotta lurn to haz patience.

T

Peeps can also enjoy TW's server. Big Grin
05-25-2010, 09:27 AM,
Ty T!

(05-25-2010, 07:02 AM)Metalogic Wrote: Peeps can also enjoy TW's server. Big Grin
Yup. And dont forget to report bugs, so code gets better.
Just playing is plain action.

Meanwhile in computer study land... maths!
05-25-2010, 12:35 PM,
(05-25-2010, 04:05 AM)Morpheus Wrote: Gerik /threadwins. Nuff said.

[Image: tom-cruise-acting-crazy-300x300.jpg]

Good luck with the exams, Morph. Slap the... white off them or something. lol