Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand
05-26-2010, 10:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2010, 10:49 AM by Morpheus.)
RE: Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand
although happyness flyes around (here at home too), i will repeat myself.

we dislike the form/shape/way of the reality code (even open source). That's our point. Taste seems to say that it's ok for him, and i'm happy for him to be that way.
Keep programming when you dislike the way it's done is a pain in the ass, and our version has some inner differences. Different libs for some parts, and a different approach to the same problems/tasks,
The closer we would get to use reality would be using cryptopp as lib as reality code does...

Work in some way together, yes, may be ( i even though some ways). Work as a whole in reality code, i seriously doubt it.
I also note that his efforts go into having a live version, while ours focus on having one working locally, so that's also a different way of doing work. So help and candy sharing is ok, but we are closer to a home party yet Tongue.

Furthermore, i think that code was not good enough to be perma-live after Rajko xperiment (still had some troubles, i heard), so personally i would try to fix that. But the code would need several people to be on to benchmark it, so i am just 50% on that affirmation.

And we use GPL libraries, so code will be GPL too, same as reality. And to quote cloudwolf, tastee doesnt need to give it, if he doesnt want to. If i'm not wrong, GPL would just "make him" give the source at the moment he gives the binaries. (not saying that it wont happen, just license explaining).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shall Stand By Thee Till Thee Can No Longer Stand - by Morpheus - 05-26-2010, 10:29 AM