Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to reactivate MXO with some ideas...
02-05-2010, 05:09 PM,
RE: Trying to reactivate MXO with some ideas...
(02-05-2010, 05:03 PM)horsepants416 Wrote: Maybe contacting members of the media would be a good idea to gain some sort of credible middle man and some publicity towards the cause, lets think about this guys. I think its not a half bad idea.

Gotta go with Qui on this, what's going on here is the best course of action, and is the most likely/only option that has a chance at us one day jacking back in.
02-05-2010, 05:30 PM,
(02-05-2010, 05:03 PM)horsepants416 Wrote: Maybe contacting members of the media would be a good idea to gain some sort of credible middle man and some publicity towards the cause, lets think about this guys. I think its not a half bad idea.

Why? So we can get comments like "There's a Matrix MMO?", "Is that game still alive?", "Is that still in Beta?", etc? Honestly, a bit of people didn't like the game. May it be because you needed a super PC at the time to run the game, because it was buggy, the release of CR2.0 or whatever reason it was, they just plain out didn't like the game. I also don't see why any media would care, its a dead game. Just let Morph, Neo and Rajko do their thing and when its done, enjoy it, invite friends to try it and whatever else you wanna do.

Also, I'm not trying to be an ass or trying to put down your idea, just telling you what I've seen over the years from other gaming sites and what not.
02-05-2010, 05:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2010, 05:36 PM by Brainwasher416.)
well Massively was kind of sympathetic to the loss of MXO i never saw anything to negative, the number one issue i saw with MXO was the lack of publicity. i do see your point tho. as i understand the need to keep our heads down.
02-05-2010, 05:41 PM,
Dunno, that whole thing with Giant Bomb at the end was a little embarrassing.
02-05-2010, 11:11 PM,
At this point I don't care if it's a bunch of chinese WoW gold farmers buying and running actual MXO servers...I just want to log in, hyperjump into Mara C and shoot someone in the face....
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]
02-06-2010, 03:53 AM,
There was a severe lack of publicity which is what caused MxO the majority of its sour opinion in the media. Other things like Ctrl+Alt+Del, and Penny Arcade who made jokes and snide remarks without ever having checked the game out also caused a problem. A lot of people read those and for most Penny Arcade's opinion is end all be all. For example they are fully behind WoW and look how popular it is. Of course this isn't to say that WoW is popular entirely because of PA, but that has helped.
[Image: tekkensig.jpg]
02-06-2010, 04:16 AM,
What did PA say about MxO? Have a link?
02-06-2010, 06:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2010, 06:01 AM by JazznJos.)
(02-05-2010, 05:30 PM)Gerik Wrote:

Why? So we can get comments like "There's a Matrix MMO?", "Is that game still alive?", "Is that still in Beta?", etc? Honestly, a bit of people didn't like the game. May it be because you needed a super PC at the time to run the game, because it was buggy, the release of CR2.0 or whatever reason it was, they just plain out didn't like the game. I also don't see why any media would care, its a dead game. Just let Morph, Neo and Rajko do their thing and when its done, enjoy it, invite friends to try it and whatever else you wanna do.

Also, I'm not trying to be an ass or trying to put down your idea, just telling you what I've seen over the years from other gaming sites and what not.

Gerik stated this the best out of all. I dont understand or get why people would say oh lets go to the media or hey lets go beg them. When NO ONE and I mean NO ONE cares outside of this community about MXO they are not going to help. WB caresless and probaly rights this game off each year on a taxable lose till the contract is up (if it still under contract with the pubs) Trust me no one is going to help and it gets old seeing these post now.
02-06-2010, 07:30 AM,
(02-06-2010, 04:16 AM)Metalogic Wrote: What did PA say about MxO? Have a link?

PA said nothing about MxO at least not in the comic anyway, a short web search leads me

Here: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2003/6/30/

And here: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2005/5/25/

They never said anything bad...they just didn't say anything.
and I don't think it's that no one cares about MxO, I'm just pretty sure no one Knew about it. Hell, I forgot it existed for about 3 years.
02-06-2010, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2010, 08:36 AM by Neo.)
(02-05-2010, 07:13 AM)Rusher Wrote: Hi all,
i already wrote an email to one of the lead game magazines of Germany. Called "Gamestar" (www.gamestar.de)
Maybe they can arrange another online publisher who can buy the rights of MXO. I also tell about the small but crazy community still loving MXO.
Then i will write another email to a german online publisher called "Reakktor Media" (www.reakktor.com).
GameStar (as far as i know its computec), isnt really the right contact.

I have some contacts to an another german publisher which is big in europe, but the problem would be :
- mxo is tooo expensive.

A company wants to make money, but with mxo it is very hard (cause the license fee+revenue share + fee for the merchandise).

This is too much risk.

Then after that, you have to change many things and bring many new content and remove mistakes from SOE to make MxO again a good game...sry..i see there no possibility at all for a publisher at the moment.

Reakktor is a developer in hannover as far as i know..and they had some years ago some finance problems too....so bad idea there too.

What you need is a reaaaaaaaally big publisher who wants to spent this (i had the idea of NCSoft..but..meeeh..giving a good game to a korean company ....baaaaad idea Smile).

Btw. i tried to contact WBIE ..but didnt got a response (i tried directly to contact a person who was responsible to mxo some years ago as i found).