Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple IPad
01-31-2010, 11:11 AM,
Apple IPad
Ok, so I read about this product, and honestly I am not impressed with it. It seems to be a strip down, larger version of their Iphone. Of course it's overpriced, everything that has Apple on it is. Five bucks says that the people who buy this buys it because of the brand. Which is what I hate about Apple products. I have a Env Touch phone, which does everything an Iphone does, and *gasp* I'm not restricted to the Apple App Store! It's also cheaper.

With Apple products, my first question is, why do I need to buy this when I can get something else that has more flexibility and freedom and is cheaper?

So what are y'alls thought on Apple products?
01-31-2010, 11:22 AM,
RE: Apple IPad
iTampon, wut

Don't see any reason to own a Mac or anything, especially since some people end up putting Bootcamp on theirs just so they can run Windows. Doesn't make sense to me why they do that when they could of just bought a PC in the first place.
01-31-2010, 12:00 PM,
(01-31-2010, 11:22 AM)Gerik Wrote: iTampon, wut

Don't see any reason to own a Mac or anything, especially since some people end up putting Bootcamp on theirs just so they can run Windows. Doesn't make sense to me why they do that when they could of just bought a PC in the first place.

Because people want to be cool and hip, and want to fit in with the "in crowd". So they blow their money on overly expensive crap that doesn't measure up to other products that does the same thing, but better. It just doesn't have a flashy design or a brand name.
01-31-2010, 12:18 PM,
Applepious (ăṕəl-pī́əs)- a portmanteau (derived by combining portions of two or more separate words) combining product name Apple and the concept of pious-ness.

As in " I'm Applepious and your not because I'm an Apple/Mac user, and therefore I'm better than you"
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
01-31-2010, 12:50 PM,
lol

iSpend

I think it's neat because of the size of it. But I think it'll be awkward to type on and look at while it's flat. And if you can prop it on something, the typing would be awkward. Shit, I have a laptop that runs better software that the ipad and iphone.
01-31-2010, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2010, 01:08 PM by Morpheus.)
Apple iPAD is crap. Should have been a touch(able) macBook or reduced performance macBook.
Is an IPOD on steroids and... crap. Basically. Will buy when they sell for about 100$ (maybe not, because other cheaper will do same or more by that time).

To the other things:

I do own a MacBook. It's cute, it wasnt a lot expensive over the pc's near it (about 100 ~150 $).

Why?
- Even having a propietary-nonopen operative system, works flawlesly.
- Has Bootcamp to play in windows (cause MXO uses Directx by Microsoft ™).
- Has office if i want or iworks if not (or open office).
- Shutdowns inmediatly ("Windows is saving data..w..a...i....t")
- Battery last almost 3 hours of use when in OSX.
- Eclipse IDE flawlesly work on both OS's.
- Dont care about firewall, dont care about virus/trojan, dont care about infected USB's.
- Has a console terminal (not a shitty one like win, a shell).

Lacks
- Mem reader
- External physical part is not as strong as my later notebooks.

I am an apple lover? No. I like linux & self mounted PCs much more.
Having a Packard Bell notebook that experimented all distributions that i could proves it. Of course if i could compilate a special one for me like gentoo... better.

But if you can afford it once (not filling your iHouse with iApple iGadgets), OSX kicks windows no matter where you look.

And yeah, to play i use some of my pack of consoles where Microsoft (and Sony) does it job more or less well Wink.
01-31-2010, 05:09 PM,
putting a lower case "i" in front of everything makes it popular or noticeable atleast...iFAIL any possible way to fail everytime....your way...just one push of the button
[Image: zeem5672711rs1.gif]
02-01-2010, 02:34 AM,
What Morpheus said.

Ipad is just a bigger version of the iphone which I have so there's no need for me to bother.

I went to the mac side when I was sick of vista crashes and my PC's always dying on me, had no real problems with my macbook so far. The prices though make me wanna vomit, I had to get my macbook second hand but as I work in a computer store is was in rather beautiful condition.
[Image: ceegebanner.jpg]
02-01-2010, 04:08 AM,
I don't buy anything that's made by a fruit, nor do I buy anything that has an "I" before everything they sell because they have no originality
[Image: fs.png]
Need a program? a Film? A Series? PM me and I will try and get it ya
02-01-2010, 05:07 AM,
I hate to repeat things, but It is a glorified iTouch not an iPhone as the latter makes and takes calls(and therefore is a usefull device IMO)

Acer and HP make brilliant netbooks that run on Xppro (The King of all OS's) and now Win7(who is slowly winning my heart)

These devices are plenty times more usefull and value minded than this feminine hygiene product that is targeted at the Starbucks sipping metrosexuals and large purse carrying anorexic lipstick lesbians of the world.
"We die because the people are asleep...you will die because the people will awaken"-Carl Sandburg
[Image: testsignew.jpg]