• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Scatman Release «Meet your friends» - details
01-20-2010, 10:35 PM,
RE: Re: Scatman Release «Meet your friends» - details
use excel spreadsheets
excel can export to CSV which can be imported by most SQL programs
01-20-2010, 10:54 PM,
Gotcha. May need an example at some point so I can put data in best format possible. I don't use spreadsheets very often.
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
01-20-2010, 11:04 PM,
put comments like building names and locations to the right, not as a new row
keep all row formats the same, columns can easily be moved if needed
01-20-2010, 11:21 PM,
Gotcha.
[Image: SigVII-1.gif]
01-20-2010, 11:42 PM,
am numbering my buildings as I go and if they have a name I will use that. Plus I will be making a key map of them to help as general vision add.
I started with a building that seems to have a lot of mission floors, which means I can't map the mission areas.
[Image: l_d36f07faf65349c5acd4bf7b7b373b54.png]
01-20-2010, 11:43 PM,
mission areas are generated dynamically when the mission starts anyway
01-21-2010, 12:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2010, 12:14 AM by Valaro.)
so by cataloging all this information all we would need is the ids for each of these objects in the world? so just go to a corordinate get the id bingo bango Big Grin
01-21-2010, 03:04 AM,
If it is true what Rajko said above then how did it was spawn the same mission over and over when you stood next to the light pole in (cant think of the location) we did it for grinding rep. But it hit the same 2 buildings over and over every time. I think they were even the same floor and room layouts just diffrent names.
01-21-2010, 03:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2010, 03:32 AM by Bayamos.)
Missions are generated dynamically in the sense that the mission controller says "for phase 1, I need a mission area with a server mainframe, and two rooms for enemies to be in"... from the available pool of such mission areas, it picks either floor A, B, or C of buildings X, Y, or Z... based on stuff like distance. But not all logic is perfect, so sometimes (like the lightpole) you could find special cases wherein you could trick the system into always picking a specific area.

Actual building interiors are static - the layout of any specific mission area behind the gray and bricks always appears the same. They just aren't loaded all the time. An example to illustrate the point is the Sati's Playground zone - the building interiors there are fully loaded, and remain constant. Rarebit just basically copypasted the Debir Court area to make that zone.
[Image: 30nhcgn.png]
01-21-2010, 03:36 AM,
So if the interior are static, then does that mean for does of us who are working on cords, will need to access the mission area to get the cords, or is that not needed?