Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Closed 
Frequently Asked Questions! (Updated 06/02/2010)
12-13-2009, 09:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2010, 10:26 AM by Valaro.)
Frequently Asked Questions! (Updated 06/02/2010)
Here are a list of FAQ's (recommended for New Users, courtesy of Gerik):

Gerik Wrote:Did some more picking at it and changed some stuff in it, remember to copy the code from when you reply. =P

Q: "When did this project start?"
A:
Morpheus Wrote:Neo and I became to start working on late may/june of this year 09. So taking june, it would be 5 months + the days in november. Yeah that was about 2 months before closing

Q: "Is the project done?"
A: No.

Q: "How long till the emulator of The Matrix Online is finished?"
A: There's no set completion date, possible finish is between 6 month to a year.

Q: "Will there be any major changes made to the game once finished?"
A: The game will be exactly the same from when SOE had it online.

Q: "Will CR1 be live in this?"
A: No, the development/coding of the emulator is for CR2.

Q: "I see people posting screen shots of them playing MxO, is the emulator done?"
A: Right now, there's only a stand alone client which lets you run around Mega City. The current version allows you to use most emotes and with the help of a third party tool, you may change your appearance.

Q: "How can I run around in this stand alone version?"
A: You can find the FILES AND DIRECTIONS here. A more detailed guide has been made just for you slow, retarded types! It can be found here.

Q: "I can't make a character, should I use one of the already made ones?"
A: Yes, use 'lolcharacter' for now till character creation is working again.

Q: "Where can I find these third party tools?"
A: You can find them right here.

Q: "I don't own the original game discs to install/uninstalled the game when it closed. Do you guys have a download for the game here?"
A: The patched version of the game can be found here, you will need to make a new folder and extract all files into it after downloading. Unpatched versions of the game can be found here and/or here, to patch them, download the patched link and replace the files.

Q: "Are you guys accepting donations from anyone right now?"
A: There's currently no system set up for taking donations.

Q: "Is there any way I can help with this project?"
A: Unless you know how to reverse engineer the game code or analyze packet logs, then no.

---
If anyone else has ideas for questions that aren't up here, please send Valaro or myself (Gerik) a PM and I'll add them if necessary, thanks.
---
Thread Closed