Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help. Don't post if your gonna be a douche!
04-01-2010, 07:16 AM,
RE: I need help. Don't post if your gonna be a douche!
(03-31-2010, 08:57 AM)Valaro Wrote: if you have a utorrent or P2P file sharing program open, close it then try!

Hey, that worked - thank you! But could you explain, why did it? Something to do with ports I guess...?
04-01-2010, 07:18 AM,
port 10000 used by both programs.

Seems like utorrent doesnt include a margin server xD.
04-19-2010, 10:42 PM,
(04-01-2010, 07:18 AM)Morpheus Wrote: port 10000 used by both programs.

Seems like utorrent doesnt include a margin server xD.

do you think it could be my router? that damn thing blocks all ports for some reason...
[Image: Superman111994-sig.GIF]
05-01-2010, 06:44 AM,
I know I shouldn't ask this here but I really need a hint (and my account on the old emu-forum which I found some days before hardline dreams, is waiting for activation for over one week so... requested several times... now, whatever) :

If I try to start reality on my girlfriends pc, it only works with active internet connection, which confuses me in case of a local server... (error-message is "Can't connect to margin-server", ingame).

The real problem: On my pc (no internet connection at the moment because of moving, the reason while I'm not here every day Sad ) the console just states "Can't bind to socket" when starting the margin server.

Tried different things (setting up pseudo-network with a router, deactivating firewall, check ethernet-settings and so on...), nothing works.

The OS is Win Vista (x86/32 Bit). Followed the "idiots guide" exactly (as I have done on the other pc (Win XP x86), where it works fine while connected to the web).

Any hints or tipps from a former user of reality?

Again, this is not the place for it, I understand that, but there's no other place...
Just want to play a bit around with this version and using it for screenshots, until you (or we) get this project here finally working one day Smile

Any help would be appreciated

Greetings,
Count
"Don't think you are, know you are..."
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM,
No hints or tipps anyone? Sad

I need this version also to starting analyzing packets like others on this forum already do (and at last I would see MxO in highest details on my new PC...)

Any help would be really appreciated

Greetings,
Sad Count
05-06-2010, 01:58 AM,
(05-01-2010, 06:44 AM)CountZer0 Wrote: The real problem: On my pc (no internet connection at the moment because of moving, the reason while I'm not here every day Sad ) the console just states "Can't bind to socket" when starting the margin server.
Errors in server mean no mxo fun.

Run it with admin rights, asure yourself that you'r not using any other software on port 10.000 nor firewall is protecting that port.

If you are still unable to bind to socket.... you'r screwed :S
05-11-2010, 07:15 AM,
Thank you Morpheus for answering, I'm still looking for a solution...

I already run everything mxo-related with admin rights and I don't know any other software which could use this port (no p2p and so on running).
Also, firewall is completely disabled (although it could still be the problem as I have learned, this pieces of software can be a bit... annoyingly).
Strange thing, eh? Sad

Greetings
Count
12-29-2010, 04:27 AM,
why wont u try checking ur antivirus software? i heard they block almost any port if running into maximum security like Norton by example